Friday, July 6, 2007

Melting Pot

Here are some pictures from the past week or so of Reid and Vara together. I feel like we've been doing so much, but they are all simple pleasures I guess.

I hope everyone is having a great summer so far. The 4th was a blast for us. Mark made so many efforts to make my birthday special(as he always does) so, Independence day was over looked a bit!
We started the morning at home with the kiddies. We relaxed together for a bit. After Lori picked them up, Mark and I headed out to play tennis. We had so much fun!!! I stink at it for now, but I know it'll stick. After a couple hours of that, friends joined us for some boating fun! Marks aunt and uncle live on the Nandsmen River and they took us out on the boat and tube. We laughed so much watching everyone get thrown around...some of the boys even flew off! Us girls held it out though!!(of course, we didnt get pulled as fast)
After washing up at home, we all met at Baker's Crust for dinner. It was relaxing and a lot of fun. (I have NO pictures because I couldn't find my camera!) Then we stayed at the ocean front and hung out at Sean and Katie's. We walked to their park for fireworks after a bit. We started throwing those poppers at each other, which may sound silly, but it was hilarious!
I am so thankful for my family and friends who are very thoughtful and generous to me. I had the best time turning 26! Thank you everyone!! Love to you all!


Here, we are breaking in the bike trailer Mike and Lori got for Vara's birthdayI had a great find of train additions at a yardsale one morning. Reid was glued all day long..Mason, too.
I was letting Vara scoot around while eating a cucumber. Next thing I know, Reid had grabbed the rest of it off the counter and was scooting around too! Look at how big that cuke is!! I just laughed. Tub fun together!

Vara showing off her new trick...talking on the phone. She usually just holds it to her neck :)
Enjoy fresh breakfast muffins
Reid wasnt feeling good last saturday, turns out he started running a fever. Mid-morning we found him in a vacant laundry basket. He layed there for a while and everntually fell asleep around 11a
Mark moved him to his bed..he slept for a couple hours like this! Ouch!


5 comments:

Leslie said...

Glad you had a great birthday!! What a sweet husband you have to plan such a great day... love the pictures of Reid in the laundry basket, that is such an adorable moment of childhood. Miss you so much, come and see me soon!

Love you

Billie said...

I love the pictures of Reid in the basket. I can't believe he stayed in there. And your birthday sounds so fun. Happy Birthday (by the way).

Ashleigh said...

The pictures of Reid in the basket are great! Happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

Love Reid in the basket...reminds me of something we girls would do as little ones...soo cute!! Lizzy

Jenn said...

These are great photos. So glad you had a special birthday. Your kids are just adorable.