Thursday, July 26, 2007

Juice and Hiking ... (last week)

Last week I went on a juicing diet and here is some of the DELICIOUS juice I drank fresh daily...carrot, apple, cucumber, and celery. Reid had a lot of fun helping me make it, and drinking it too. I had so much energy from it!! When ever I was hungry, I just drank this juice (sometimes, I ate nuts too) and Mark and I had loaded salads every night for dinner. I am really excited because I didnt catch the cold Mark had.. (for the first time!!--(hope that doesnt sound insensetive!!)--and I think the raw diet was the trick for prevention.

We went hiking last week and it was really nice--very humid though. Reid and I had fun looking for frogs and racing each other--he always thinks he "winned" ...



After the hike, we snacked on rice cakes and apples, and stopped for a smoothie (our favorite treat)


You can see here just how tired Vara was...that's a rice cake hanging out of her mouth.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Looks like fun! Wish we could go hiking together.... Or hawknking, as Ruth calls it.

Tell me more about the juice diet. Why did you do it? Where did you get your juicer? Do tell, do tell.

Miss you! Give the kiddos a hug from Judy-joo.

Ashleigh said...

Yes, I want to hear more about the juice diet too. Maybe you can do a post on it.

Kate Van said...

Your pix are beautiful! I also want you to post more on your juices . . . like ratios of veggies.