Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Baby Gear


I have three and a half weeks left until Im due and I AM READY. This weekend I got everything together and organized for our new addition. The cradle is set up and all the neutral baby clothes are folded and put away,(Boy and Girl clothes are neatly at hand). I also have my "post baby" basket ready. I have found it very helpful to have a basket filled with anything Ill need for the baby or myself. It contains burp cloths, baby lotion and creams,
q-tips, note cards, nursing pads, diapers, and a bit more. Can't wait to use it all!!


This is what I made a while back to sling the baby. Ive never used a ring sling style before. It is supposed to be great for most positions, even back wearing.


Considering this is our third sweet child, we dont need to buy much. I did need a bigger diaper bag, though. I really wanted to make one myself with Amy Butler material, but time and energy are running low. So..I checked out Ebay and discovered others have made great diaper bags like one I had imagined. This is the one I chose. My Mom and Grandma are giving it as a gift for the new baby. Its made by Watermelon Wishes.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I love them!! It makes me want to have another:) I got your message the other day and I am so sorry I haven't called, I was having chest pains ealier this week and now today Mady is sick and I am having a garage sale tomorrow. I can't believe it's three weeks away!! I miss you friend you have to do another belly shot right before k!!
Love you-

Leslie

Bethany said...

Oh I love all the fabrics...hers are some of my favs too. What a cute diaper bag. And I am sooooo impressed that you made a ring sling. I used that same material to make a light blanket to nurse under. HEE HEE. I love the ring sling. I have one and a regular sling and a baby bijorn. (can you tell I am obsessed with baby wearing) All that to say I love the ring sling the most. I didn't even use the bijorn with Adelee. I couldn't live without the ring sling that is the only way to go shopping with three kids. I love it too because Adelee can lay down and sleep in it then when she wakes up I can quickly readjust and she is looking out. I mostly use it now with her on my hip legs hanging out or kangaroo style cross leg inside in front of me. She loves it. I have a herniated disc in my back and yet can still wear her that way. Okay I am leaving a book. Can't wait to see pics of your new little munchkin. Hugs

Tyler and Grace said...

i like that baby sling, you hippie! go green!

Judy said...

Wow, only 3 & 1/2 weeks?! Where did the time go?? I want a sling this time around... I don't even know what to look for in one though. Cute diaper bag. :)

Jessica Rockey said...

Cute basket! I love the sling! I'd like to submit my name on the list for future 'hand-me-downs'! I love your sense of style... very... simple vintage chic. You've been on my mind ALOT lately. I know your going nuts by now... 31/2 weeks girl! You're almost there!
I actually felt the urge to pray for your back... so I did. I'm not even sure if it's been bothering you, but the Lord really put it on my heart. Have a happy monday!