Friday, March 14, 2008

YIKES!!!..whew!!

Its after two pm and Im so thankful they day is looking up...
My morning was filled with tons of stuff I hate dealing with. God is faithful to remind me of Him as my comfort, not an easy life.
But, rest assurred, I wasn't singing His praises a couple hours ago.

Little Vara caught a throw-up bug that Reid had earlier this week..so you know how that goes. Everything from the floor to the couch to clothes gets washed a lot! Also, I had an apt with the midwife this morning. I HAD to go because I missed it last week and Im due for my second Glucola testing.
I took the kids with me, hoping the car would remain vomit-free (it did!). Reid was a rascal during the visit, pushing Vara, climbing on things....so that filled my heart with complaints. I did pass my test, though (woo-hoo!,) but we had to talk about my weight. Ive gained 30lbs already!! I have ten weeks left to go and was encouraged to watch my carb/sweet intake. Baby is measuring great and its heart is healthy despite my hugeness.

So, after the apt, I called to see if Marks parents still wanted the kids for the night. (Did I mention we were celebrating our 7th this weekend?? Mark and I reserved a room at a B&B at the oceanfront.) I didnt want to drop Var off sick like that...understandibly they said "no". So, of course, that didnt go well with me either. "I NEED this get-away from my hard life!"

I quickly realized my hope was in the "get-away", not my loving Father. So, after praying and sobing pitifully, God gave me peace about it and I took a nap.
I woke to a vomit free girl (yay!) and a message from Mark saying tonight was still on, that his parents changed their minds about keeping the kids. Yay!!

Now, off to packing things up and finishing a few dishes. I am thankful for this window into my heart and hope that I can hold secure to Christ despite my circumstances. Thanks for listening-

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Glad you're still able to get away!

Kate Thomas. said...

Yeah! Happy 7th! Wish i could see you and your big belly! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Awe you are so sweet and real! I love you! Sorry we didn't hang tonight I just didn't feel well. Oh, I am so tired when you said Vara caught a throw up bug I thought you meant a bug/ insect that throws up.

Judy said...

Happy 7th! :) Hurry up & post that pic already! Don't worry about the weight, it'll come off. I'm living proof. I lost the 50+ pounds I gained with Nicholas. :)