Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gifts from Grandma

My Grandma is always thinking us us. Here are just a couple of the many things she's blesses us with.

Grandma, I hope you take joy in the fact that we use and love our gifts!






Here is an old rocker she gave to me before Reid was born. I actually used it when I was young. Vara has recently adopted it for herself. I find her scooting it around the house and propping herslef into the seat. Sometimes she just sits there and watches us, rocks, or looks through a book.










Here's a great find my Grandma made about a week ago. I mentioned to her that we have more books than shelving, and she found this wood shelf for $15!! I wish I had taken a "before" picture.. it was a dark brown, with some funky knobs. With a little paint and new hardware, its perfect for our home. Thank you Grandma! Love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a magnificent job on the bookcase and I LOVE the new color!
All the photos are so sweet. The children look wonderful and so happy and healthy. Ginger, you and your little family, are a blessing to all the rest of us.
Grandma Miller

Michelle said...

So cute that Vara scoots the chair around. And i LOVE the bookcase. I like how it has decorative trim and it doesn't look too thick and bulky. $15!!! What a find!

Ashleigh said...

I love the bookshelf and how you guys painted it!!!

Jenn said...

The bookshelf looks great! I bet your home is so cute.

Leslie said...

Great find Grandma, and great restoration Ginger, love the color! Miss you-

Jessica Rockey said...

Love the bookcase... Love the color! We just painted our diningroom a tangerine/melon color. HMMM... not quite sure about it yet.
Wow! Vara is so adorable! She looks like a lil' Dr. Suess character in that picture... a li' WHO!