Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dusting for the glory of God

I was dusting my house this morning. I really love to dust. The spray is fragrant with lavender and peppermint, everything gets put in it right place(for the time being), and there is plenty of time to think. All you moms know that there aren't many moments in the day for thinking. So, I am glad that dusting is one of them.

Well, I was just wiping and thinking and God crept in and spoke to me so kindly. He reveiled my hidden heart to me. He reveiled my self-sufficiency the last few days. I am sober now to how I have treated Him. He, who gave His life for me, has been treated as a servant. How arrogant!! I am so unthankful and proud towards my loving father. I have prayed to Him the past few days, but only with requests for help and clarity. And really, my prayers felt awkward. I know He is honored by this reliance, but not honored by my prayers of fear. I have been truly forgetting Christ. I have been forgetting to read and think about His words. I have been forgetting to live for Him. I have only grown in my self-sufficiency and knowledge of my "needs". I have been trapping myself in this sin, and He was kind to lift me out and remind me again of the TREASURE that He is.
Lord, you are my beautiful inheritance. Thank you for forgiving my so quickly! Thank you for being so attentive to one who deserves nothing. Thank you for the unending mercy through the cross. I rededicate me days to you, please help me to do this. You are me strength and my help. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you. Help to not lean on my own understanding but in all ways acknowledge you. I love you Lord. I am thankful to call you father.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Yes I have been feeling self sufficient the past few days as well. Thank you for speaking truth and for disclosing what the Lord has revealed to you. It has blessed me and prompted me to spend time with him and to see him as my treasure. I love you friend-

Reaghan said...

hey Ginger,
we really should get togeather (maybe at jessica's) and watch Gilmore girls! i have almost all the seasons! haha
see ya later!

Judy said...

I hate dusting.