Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A night in our life...

Typically we'd be visiting a care group tonight but Mark had a show he didn't want to miss. So, we are enjoying a night at home.
Getting dinner together was a circus tonight!!--the kiddies were all around my ankles and I broke two dishes! One, of which, was my beloved pizza stone. :(
I have a birthday coming up, so I guess its good timing to break it. Hint, hint Mark!!

I was SO happy to see Mark home!! We sat down to eat right away, so this night in our life begins....
Salmon cakes, corn, and salad to eat....except Vara, she had gruel and peas. (poor little sister!)


Reid helped me make Oatmeal Carob Chip cookies for dessert. I dont know if you can see it, but my sad little pizza stone is on the stove.


Afterwards, we played in Vara's room for a bit.

Looked through some books, too.

6:30--good night sister!! No need for a bath. She already had three today-- one after every gritty diaper...remember the beach??



Mark and Reid read books and played music while he waited for Jacob to arrive. Bye Daddy! Have fun..miss you!! Bye Jake! I let Reid play outside a bit more...Then we had a nice long snuggle. Here, he wanted to get his butterfly kisses on camera. We read ,and sang, and prayed. Good night Reidy! Love you to pieces!Now, the night ends. Im going to enjoy my dessert, practice my banjo, then watch a little tv. Im pretty tired... Thank you Lord for another day rich with your blessings!!

7 comments:

Sara said...

What a fun and relaxing night, ginger! You are a sweet mommy. Thanks for doing this. It's great to get a little peak into your world and all that God is doing in your lives...His grace is abounding.

Love,

Sara

Billie said...

You are a fun Mommy. Sorry about your stone. Can't wait to see what your next Wed. night looks like. I love your blog. keep posting.

sarah said...

Great pictures- your kids are getting so big! Thanks for letting us into a night with your family!

Jenn said...

Sorry about your stone, Ginger. I loved your post! And the dog in your tea? Cute!
You have such a sweet family.

Judy said...

Yeah, what is that thing in your tea? Hey, I made those cookies on Thurs., but I used REAL chocolate cuz that's how I roll. They're good. I just ate one.

Sure do miss you guys! Peace!

Judy said...

One more thing, does Reid always eat his dinner in the nude?

Ginger said...

Oh--thats my Mason cup. I got it from Spademan Pottery online. I bet they make one for Jack..check it out.
It's summer so he's always getting naked for something and staying that way...he's naked right now matter of fact. So, you gonna do next wed night??