Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Attention Knitters


Okay, so with three little ones, I find myself very tired at night. Most nights too tired to sew, to tired to read, etc.

This is not a "woe is me" post, just a quick preface to my admitting that....... I sit infront of the tube almost everynight!! Yes, I know, not the most productive activity. Therefore, I really need a new sitting hobby. I want to learn how to knit. Ive been thinking about it for months and am super ready to get started. I have done a little research and feel completley overwhelmed on where/how to start.

So, to all those who knit (and I know there are tons out there) please offer some pointers for me to get started.
Thank you, thank you!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I taught myself in a weekend from the Klutz knitting book. Did a scarf. I just bought really chunky needles and yarn instead of what the book had. I have taught several people that way. Just knit a scarf then do another then teach yourself purl then you can take it from there. There are a ton of websites with videos too. That is where I go when I am doing a new pattern and stumble across something new that I have not done before. I will post the link to my favorite

Bethany said...

http://www.knittinghelp.com/

Judy said...

I don't recommend knitting at night. It's hard to knit when you're drunk... I mean tired. Either way I have a knitting basics book. I'll bring it over on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.

AmyB said...

I'll second the Klutz knitting book as well as that website. Both are very helpful.